I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Mine consisted of taking in the beautiful fall weather, hiking, spending time with my loved ones, and writing for this little blog of mine! Speaking of this little blog…can I just say I LOVE working on it? It makes me feel so modern and artsy and chic (at least in my head!). It keeps me centered, for sure. I hope you guys love it as much as I do.
ANYWAY. If you knew me at all in high school, you may have known me for passing out notecards with inspirational quotes on them every Monday. It was a practice that—similar to this blog—was started to help me feel more joy in my life and, consequently, make other people smile, too. So, in the spirit of that practice, I would like to share with you 30 quotes to help you love yourself as you are in this very moment/phase of your life.
I am 100 percent guilty of being too hard on myself during times of suffering. I tend to think, “Why is it taking so long to heal?!” and I sometimes fill my head with thoughts of how “inadequate” I am at not letting negative things affect me. Those thoughts are all big fat lies, but, as a human being, they do occasionally creep in. I’m sure I’m not the only one who experiences these thoughts. However, it is important to realize that they are lies, and that we need to love ourselves fiercely every day of our lives. By loving ourselves, exactly as we are, healing happens, and we can live our best lives possible. So, without further ado, here are 30 quotes to help you love yourself as you are:
1. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place, you think you’ve been buried, but actually you’ve been planted.” –Anonymous
2. “Love yourself as much as you want your soulmate to love you.” –Elizabeth Daniels
3. “We have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with souls made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names.” –Nikita Gill
4. “The moon doesn’t consider one phase better than another; she just glows, equally stunning at each turn. Why should we be any different?” –Cristen Rodgers
5. “You say you’re ‘depressed’–all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up inside and out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective–it just means you’re human.” –David Mitchell
6. “Kiss your own fingertips and hug your own curves. You are made of waves and honey and spicy peppers when it is necessary. You are a goddess, I hope you haven’t forgotten.” –Emery Allen
7. “Be happy with your beautiful life.” –Anonymous
8. “What you tell yourself every day will either lift you up or tear you down.” –Anonymous
9. “Waiting for a sign from the universe? Babe, you are the universe.” –Natalie Brite
10. “Let yourself fall in love with nature. Visit new places and discover your own backyard. Spend more time outside watching sunrises and sunsets. Make time to star gaze. Stand barefoot in the beautiful earth and reconnect your soul to the energy that created you. You are part of a magnificent universe. Take the time to be present with it all. Allow nature to feed your soul. Those who wander will never feel lost.” –Carly Marie
11. “Trust in the magic flowing through your heart to your hands.” –Anonymous
12. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” –Anonymous
13. “Treat yourself the way you would treat a small child. Feed yourself healthy food and make sure you spend time outside. Put yourself to bed early. Let yourself take naps. Don’t say mean things to yourself. Don’t put yourself in danger. (Your skull and your heart are still as fragile as eggshells.)” –Anonymous
14. “Dear Self, I’m sorry for all the mean things I said. I love you.” –Suzanne Heyn
15. “In Japan, broken objects are often repaired with gold. The flaw is seen as a unique piece of the object’s history, which adds to its beauty. Consider this when you feel broken.”–Anonymous
16. “I am whole. I am good enough. I am worthy. I am loved. I am LOVE.” –Anonymous
17. “Perhaps we should love ourselves so fiercely, that when others see us, they know exactly how it should be done.” –Rudy Francisco
18. “You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that wisened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.” –Unknown
19. “I am enough. Who I am is enough. What I do is enough. And what I have is enough.” –Anonymous
20. “Love the mess. Love who you are. You’re worthy even with the blocks. There is no ‘there.’ We’re forever deepening into who we really are—our true selves minus all the wounds. Because that’s all a wound or block is. An injured part of you that needs love. Through love, the wounds dissolve. Not because they need to be gone so you can be worthy to have what you want but because you are whole and beautiful and loved exactly as you are. And in that knowing, healing comes.” –Suzanne Heyn
21. “How cool is it that the same God who created the mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too.” –Unknown
22. “You’re a goddamn treasure, whether you want to believe it or not.” –Savannah Brown
23. “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some. To yourself.” –R.Z.
24. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” –Lalah Deliah
25. “No one is you and that is your super power.” –Anonymous
26. “Allow yourself to transform as many times as you need to be fully happy and free.” –Yung Pueblo
27. “You are powerful, beautiful, brilliant, and brave.” –Anonymous
28. “I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way, and I work really, really hard. Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.” –Shonda Rhimes
29. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”-Anonymous
30. “You are beautiful, you are kind, you are smart, you are lovely, you are gorgeous, you are amazing, you are phenomenal, you are worth it, you are perfect, you are strong.”–Anonymous
So there you have it. I hope these quotes are able to provide you with the inspiration to love yourself a little more today. Have a beautiful Monday!
How do you show yourself love? Tell me about it in the comments!